Personalised phone case making business is all about printing pictures, logos, or artwork on smartphone covers as per client requirement.
In 2017, global smartphone sales have reached 1.54 billion and approximately $30 billion spent on phone cases with no signs of sales slowing down anytime soon.
People want to protect their expensive devices from dents, scratches, and breaks, so they always wrap their devices with quality casing and they are constantly on the hunt for a new case, either to upgrade or to print a unique design on it.
With new smartphone models being released every month, you will never fall short of customers and printed mobile covers have huge demand recently.
There are different types of printable mobile phone cases available in the market. Thorough knowledge about each one of them in regards to material quality and pricing is necessary before choosing any. Commonly used mobile phone cases include:
- Transparent cases
- Slim cases
- Folio cases
- Rugged cases
- Tough cases
- Flip cases
- Battery cases
- Heavy metal cases
- Hybrid cases
Processes involved in the personalised phone case making business are creating a unique product and marketing it. For making a personalised phone case, the following steps are involved:
- Buying commonly used blank mobile cases from reliable suppliers
- Collecting images from clients or providing from your gallery
- Printing the image on mobile cases with a sublimation printer
- Shipping the finished products to customers
The second process involved is finding a market for your products. You can sell your printed cases online or offline. Online sales can be done through your website or social media platforms like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. Etsy, Amazon, Shopify are other online possibilities.
Offline sales can be done through local craft fairs, trade shows, or events. Local sports clubs, fan clubs, corporate promotions, and brand partnerships can also help in sales.
- Gain thorough knowledge and experience in mobile case printing.
- Research on commonly used phone cases and buy sufficient quantities
- Compare different sublimation printers online and buy a suitable one
- Identify your competitors and analyze their products and sales
- Calculate total cost and set profit margin to fix product pricing
- Collect trendy images from internet for printing
- Research on various delivery methods and modes of payment
- Setup office in your home or rented space
- Build a website or blog for strong online presence
- Advertise in local mediums as well as social media websites
- Inaugurate your office and start production and marketing
- Sublimation printer
- Inkjet printer
- Desktop computer or laptop
- Blank phone cases
- Packaging materials
- Office accessories
Investment and returns:
Total investment required for starting a personalised phone case making business would be 1 lakh rupees. You can expect 200% gross profit from this business, giving you an income of 2 to 3 lakhs per year as a startup.
Advantages of the business:
- Good earning potential
- Work part-time or full-time
- Low investment
- Sell products online or offline
- Huge customer base
- A creative endeavor
- Easy shipping of products
- Can start from your home